Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Crocktober

I know this is a craft blog, but Crocktober is about to start at my house. My daughter started this since it was October last year and I only used my crock pot for a week or so. I love my crock pot and there are so many recipes online now and Pinterest for some great stuff. Here is a new fave. The picture isn't mine and I didn't follow her recipe, but used it for my own inspiration.  Sometime I just don't have everything for the recipe so I have to make something else work for me.

So here is my recipe:
Frozen chicken tenders, 10-15 pieces (they can be kinda small)
1 or 2 cans of Enchilada sauce  (I like to cover the meat but not make soup)
3 TBS. of Taco seasoning  (I get mine at Costco in the jar) a package should do it
1 tsp Cumin
diced onions (half an onion)
Cheese when you're about  ready to serve and green onions
Cook on low for 6-8 or High for a few hours then turn down to low. Shred the meat after about 4 hours
Serve with warm flour tortillas

3 comments:

  1. What's this called? It looks yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This does sound good. I will have to try it. Of course I will also tweak it a little.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enchilada Tacos . Not sure what to call it . We put it in flour tortillas like tacos . You could use it for enchilada meat also . Would be good like haystacks , with rice and all the toppings.

    ReplyDelete